Home buying is a big pain in the butt. Nearly 3 months after having our offer accepted on this house we want really really bad we are still waiting to find out if we are getting it. Most everything has gone very smooth, but the things that haven't are taking FOREVER.
Everything is fine but one little issue. The septic. we don't know what's up with it. We had a home inspection, we had an appraisal. The appraiser was under the assumption that the county had to perform the inspection on the septic so that's what the loan is hinging on. The county says, they can't do it right now. So the underwriter for our loan says that's not gonna work and we can't have someone approved by the county do it independently. Our realtor knew that was wrong, contacted the county, and now someone from the county is writing a letter to our underwriter explaining that it is not required by the county. yeesh!
I guess now we just sit and wait with our fingers crossed and hope that the underwriter doesn't take too long to respond. I'm assuming everything will be fine and they will give us the go ahead and we'll be able to have the septic inspected. (if it doesn't pass that'll open another can of worms that I don't even want to think about right now). Did I mention the underwriter is in another state? and not even one close to our's. I guess that's what we get for going with a major bank.
One good thing is that the seller asked for a 2 week extension. That's good for us because this is taking so long, a little extra time for us won't hurt and lifts a little pressure off of our backs.
I hope that made sense. My head is spinning right now.