Tuesday, July 2, 2013


We are moved in!!!
Well we have been moved in for about a month and a half (I think).

I have been thinking about blogging and missing it quite a bit but just haven't had the time. This house needed and still needs a bunch of work so the past 6-7 months have been exhausting. Our "free" time has been eaten up and it's finally to a point where I can sit down without falling asleep.
If we weren't doing something house related, we were sleeping, struggling to stay awake, or if we did have energy we were getting our son out of the house to someplace other than home depot or lowes. I bet he hates hardware stores now but can find anything in one. :)

Thursday, January 24, 2013

$20 in Free Credits From FAB.com

If you want $20 in free credits from Fab.com, go to http://fab.com/a80aq7 and sign up. 
Then go tohttp://www.fab.com/vday for a $10 credit,
then go tohttp://www.fab.com/vday5 for $5, 
and if you take this survey you'll get another $5 https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/fabjanuary


In other news I've barely gotten any of it done and I'm already sick of packing. I wish I could fast forward a couple of months and be done with packing, moving, and fixing up the house. It's barely begun and I'm already wishing it were just done and over with. I'm so excited though. :)

Tuesday, January 15, 2013


It's official! We got the house! Yes finally, after months of headaches and plenty of nonsense we are now homeowners. We put our offer in back in August, and closed just a few days ago. It took that long. 

I have obviously not posted in a long time and that was partly because I've been pretty cranky about the whole ordeal. I didn't want this blog to be nothing but me venting my frustrations. 

Now that I'm all happy and we got the new place I'm sure I will have plenty to post about once we move in. But there is only one problem......I can't seem to find an internet provider for that area. That area is in the middle of nowhere and the one that I did find was more than I would like to pay for internet service.  Once we get that all figured out, and I see if we can get something cheaper, I'll be good to go. There has to be more than one option (I'm hoping) because I'm sure money is going to be tighter. This house is going to need some (actually quite a bit of) fixing up and I'm sure other things will start popping up unexpectedly.

I can't wait to get in there and start cleaning, painting and fixing things up and making it our own. Another part of me thinks "oh dear, how am I going to get all of this done?". 
Eh, all of the work, headaches, and tears will be worth it when I'm sitting in my pretty new sun room sipping tea enjoying the view of the woods.

I'm glad things are finally falling in to place for us. I can't even begin to describe how happy I am right now just thinking we own our own house. It's ours.  I feel great that our son will have a place to grow up and that he can call home. So much better than renting.  

Friday, October 19, 2012


Home buying is a big pain in the butt. Nearly 3 months after having our offer accepted on this house we want really really bad we are still waiting to find out if we are getting it. Most everything has gone very smooth, but the things that haven't  are taking FOREVER.
 Everything is fine but one little issue. The septic. we don't know what's up with it. We had a home inspection, we had an appraisal. The appraiser was under the assumption that the county had to perform the inspection on the septic so that's what the loan is hinging on. The county says, they can't do it right now. So the underwriter for our loan says that's not gonna work and we can't have someone approved by the county do it independently. Our realtor knew that was wrong, contacted the county, and now someone from the county is writing a letter to our underwriter explaining that it is not required by the county. yeesh!
 I guess now we just sit and wait with our fingers crossed and hope that the underwriter doesn't take too long to respond. I'm assuming everything will be fine and they will give us the go ahead and we'll be able to have the septic inspected. (if it doesn't pass that'll open another can of worms that I don't even want to think about right now). Did I mention the underwriter is in another state? and not even one close to our's. I guess that's what we get for going with a major bank.
 One good thing is that the seller asked for a 2 week extension. That's good for us because this is taking so long, a little extra time for us won't hurt and lifts a little pressure off of our backs.

I hope that made sense. My head is spinning right now.

cool giveaway

Hot For The Holidays: New Xbox 360 Kinect Kids Games – XBox Bundle Giveaway @ OUr Ordinary Life

stop over there to win an xbox 360 with kinect and two kids games. Link