Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Finally!

It's official! We got the house! Yes finally, after months of headaches and plenty of nonsense we are now homeowners. We put our offer in back in August, and closed just a few days ago. It took that long. 

I have obviously not posted in a long time and that was partly because I've been pretty cranky about the whole ordeal. I didn't want this blog to be nothing but me venting my frustrations. 

Now that I'm all happy and we got the new place I'm sure I will have plenty to post about once we move in. But there is only one problem......I can't seem to find an internet provider for that area. That area is in the middle of nowhere and the one that I did find was more than I would like to pay for internet service.  Once we get that all figured out, and I see if we can get something cheaper, I'll be good to go. There has to be more than one option (I'm hoping) because I'm sure money is going to be tighter. This house is going to need some (actually quite a bit of) fixing up and I'm sure other things will start popping up unexpectedly.


I can't wait to get in there and start cleaning, painting and fixing things up and making it our own. Another part of me thinks "oh dear, how am I going to get all of this done?". 
Eh, all of the work, headaches, and tears will be worth it when I'm sitting in my pretty new sun room sipping tea enjoying the view of the woods.

I'm glad things are finally falling in to place for us. I can't even begin to describe how happy I am right now just thinking we own our own house. It's ours.  I feel great that our son will have a place to grow up and that he can call home. So much better than renting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment