Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I miss thrift stores

It's one of the very few things I miss about living in a city. There are hardly any thrift stores around here. There are a couple of them that I am aware of within a reasonable distance, but most of it is junky. It seems like I could go to one, come back a year later and it's the same junk with just more dust collected on top. It's probably a good thing though because I'm a stay at home mom, my fiance works his butt off to provide for us and I feel bad spending his hard earned money on stuff we don't need.
It is tempting though.
I may not have any good thrift stores nearby but at least I have the internet. I was looking at shopgoodwill.com just now and found a bunch of things I would probably buy for no reason if I had a job. (I wouldn't feel as guilty going nuts buying things I have no use for if it were my own hard earned money).

Here are a few cool things I found on there......

An Earl Christy Print



An old pretty scale



A vintage flying saucer toy (with retractable legs)



 Vintage Doctor's head reflector thingie



A vintage Teetertot bouncing rocking chair


Goodwill was always a favorite of mine but I don't have one anywhere near me....that's ok because I think shopgoodwill.com is even better than the goodwill store I used to live by. I still kinda miss hunting and digging around through everything though. It's not the same as clicking a mouse.

(the links included in the pictures may or may not work depending on when you read this. Shopgoodwill is an auction site so those particular things will be gone soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment